In today’s job market, candidates are looking for more than just a paycheck. They want to work for a company that values their skills and experience, and that offers a good work/life balance. When you’re writing a job ad, it’s important to keep these things in mind.
Here are five things candidates want to see in your ad:
1. A Compelling Job Title in job ad
When writing a job ad, it’s important to have a compelling job title that will attract candidates. Here are some things to keep in mind when crafting your job title:
1. Use keywords that candidates will be searching for. This will help your ad show up in search results.
2. Keep it short and to the point. Long, drawn-out titles are less likely to be clicked on.
3. Make it specific to the role you’re hiring for. Vague titles like “Manager” or “Assistant” don’t tell candidates what the job is really about.
4. Use action words like “lead,” “create,” or “develop” to make the title more exciting and engaging.
5. Finally, consider using your company name in the title to help build brand awareness.
2. A Concise Description in job ad
Candidates want to see a job ad that is clear and concise. They want to know what the job is, what the requirements are, and what the company can offer them. A well-written job ad will give candidates all of this information and more, without being overly long or difficult to read.
When writing your job ad, be sure to include:
-A brief but accurate description of the position
-The required qualifications for the role
-An overview of the company and its culture
-Details on the benefits and compensation package
By including these key elements, you can be sure that your job ad will attract attention from qualified candidates who are excited about the opportunity to work for your company.
3. A High Salary in job ad
In order to attract top talent, your job ad should include a competitive salary. Candidates are looking for positions that offer fair pay, and they will be turned off by ads that don’t include this information. Be upfront about the salary range for the role, and make sure it is in line with similar positions in the market.
4. Benefits and Perks
In addition to a competitive salary, there are several other benefits and perks that candidates want to see in your job ad. These can include:
-Paid time off
-Retirement savings plan
-Flexible work schedule
Offering these types of benefits and perks can help you attract top talent to your company.
5. A Good Company Culture in job ad
When it comes to looking for a new job, candidates are no longer just focused on the role and salary. They also want to know more about the company culture and whether it’s a good fit for them.
As an employer, you can use your job ad to give candidates a taste of your company culture and what it’s like to work there.
Here are some things candidates want to see in your job ad:
1. A description of the company culture
Candidates want to know what the general vibe of the company is like. Do you have a relaxed or formal atmosphere? Do employees dress casual or business casual? Is there flexible working hours or remote working options?
2. Company values
Your company values should be evident in everything you do, from the way you treat your customers to the way you treat your employees. Candidates want to see that you have values that align with their own and that they would be proud to represent your company.
3. Employee testimonials
Hearing first-hand accounts from employees is always going to be more powerful than anything you could say in a job ad. Use employee testimonials to give candidates an insight into what it’s really like working at your company. You could even include a video testimonial for extra impact!
How to Write an Effective Job Ad
An effective job ad should be clear, concise, and easy to read. It should also include all of the necessary information about the position and company. Here are some tips on how to write an effective job ad:
1. Use simple language and avoid jargon.
2. Be clear about what the position entails and what the company is looking for.
3. Highlight the benefits of the position and the company culture.
4. Use keywords that candidates will be searching for.
5. Make sure your contact information is up-to-date and easy to find.
If you’re looking to attract top candidates to your open positions, make sure your job ad include these five things: clear and concise language, a detailed description of the role and its responsibilities, an overview of your company and its culture, salary or compensation information, and contact details. With these elements in place, you’ll be well on your way to writing a job ad that will help you find the best candidates for your needs.